How Optimists View the Current Job Market
Article written by Darren Poke from www.advantageresumes.com.au
Every time we pick up the paper or watch the evening news, we see more job losses and disappointing economic figures that can make it seem like the end of the world for people who are currently looking for work.
Whilst these aren't necessarily the best times to be job searching, it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom.
Having a positive attitude is one of the most valuable skills for job seekers, so here are some of the thoughts that optimists are able to maintain during such challenging times:
- Jobs are still being advertised, so there is still work out there.
- Every job that I don't get is one step closer to the one that I will.
- I have skills and abilities that are employable.
- My optimism and enthusiasm for life makes me an attractive job candidate.
- Despite all of the setbacks, I aspire to greatness and know that I can make a difference in the world.
- Disappointing outcomes won't get me down, they will give me lessons to equip me for the future.
- Whatever happens, I will never, ever, ever, ever give up!
I know that if you've been looking for work for a few weeks or even months, that it can be tempting to feel down about your endeavours, so I hope that these thoughts are helpful in maintaining the optimistic and resourceful outlook that's required to navigate through challenging times.
If you need further assistance to ensure that your resume and application letter help you get more interviews, check us out at www.advantageresumes.com.au
We offer a reasonable price, efficient, personal service and have the experience and expertise to give you an advantage in your job hunting efforts.